Call for Applications to Join United Nations Youth Advisory Panel in Bangladesh07 Sep 2016
The United Nations Country Team (UNCT) in Bangladesh recognizes that developing the full potential of youth is paramount to achieving long-term social change. Youth have a critical role to play in the economic and social development of their country, including in the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals. To support the full and effective participation of youth in all levels of civic life and to understand adolescent and youth issues from their own perspective as well as to provide them with a platform raise their voices, the UN in Bangladesh established a voluntary youth advisory panel. The United Nations Youth Advisory Panel (UNYAP) was established in 2014 and consists of 30 outstanding young volunteers from Bangladesh. The UNYAP functions as a platform for the exchange of information and ideas between Bangladeshi youth delegates and the UN Interagency Theme Group on Adolescents and Youth.
1. Must be a Bangladeshi citizen
2. Must be 15-30 years old
3. Must be willing to work on a voluntary basis
• Committed to the development, human rights and peace agenda of the United Nations.
• Able and willing to voluntarily engage with the global UN youth leadership initiatives and establish effective connections between local, regional and global initiatives.
• Experienced in working with youth networks, clubs and the community.
• Able to organize and act as a good team player, with a flexible working approach
• Able to liaise and affiliate with differently structured organizations at the national, regional, and international levels, such as: government, UN agencies, Development Partners, educational institutes, media, NGOs etc.
• Able to work well in a cross-cultural team and environment.
• Available to participate in meetings and activities in Dhaka.
• Posses strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
• A strong communicator (with skills in English an advantage)
WHO ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY?
We strongly encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds including persons with disabilities to apply.
Participation in the UNYAP is on a voluntary basis with no financial remuneration / benefit.
HOW TO APPLY?
Download the application form, from the websites of the following organizations:
UNFPA ( www.unfpabgd.org ), UNV ( www.unvbangladesh.org ),
UNIC ( www.unicdhaka.org ), UN Bangladesh ( www.un-bd.org )
Call +8809678778899. ext: 417 to obtain a hard copy of the application form and/or additional information.
If you fulfill all or most of these criteria, please send the completed application form to: email@example.com or mail it to: United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), IDB Bhaban (level 15), Sher- E-Bangla Nagar, Agargaon, Dhaka -1207.
Deadline for applications is 10 October 2016.
Successful candidates will be contacted for a written test/ interview.